Are you thinking about Instagram Management for your business? If not, you should be – as one of the fastest growing social media platforms in Australia, Instagram could be your next great marketing tool.
By using Instagram, you can showcase your products/services in a visually appealing manner, take followers behind the scenes of your organisation, (making your business more personable) and you can take advantage of the growing number of users looking for great images to like and share.
So now you know why it’s an important platform for business, here are some of our top tips on Instagram Management for your brand:
- Post good quality images. Instagram is after all, a social media platform for people that love visuals! So to ensure maximum engagement, make sure you’re posting high resolution images that are both on-trend and visually appealing.
- Post often. Building a big following on Instagram is a balancing act: You need to post often enough to keep your followers’ attention but not so often that they feel spammed and block you. 2-3 posts per day is a happy medium that seems to appeal to users. Remember – consistency is key and regularly posting good quality images will go along way to helping you build your profile.
- Strike a balance between strategic and fun posts. It is also important to strike a good balance between business (strategic) posts, and fun/lifestyle images. Instagram is not about hard selling – you want all sales messages to be subtle and appealing to your followers. Where possible, tell a story with your image and if you are utilising the image strategically to tell users about a service or product, use your caption to talk about your message and direct users to your website (by including a relevant link in your profile and using the #linkinprofile hashtag) for more information.
- Follow & interact with others. Follow and interact regularly with like-minded brands and influencers within similar industries. This encourages these users to follow back and like/share your images.
- Get to know Instagram’s filters. Instagram offers more than a dozen automatic image filters, but they’re not all created equal. Choose a filter that not only looks good, but leaves you with a sharp, clear , professional looking image.
- Experiment With Video Clips. To give it a try, use the movie camera icon within Instagram to record up to 15 seconds of footage and then apply a video-specific filter to improve its look.
- Now try Stories. Recently, Instagram introduced ‘Instagram Stories’ as a way to share all the business moments of your day, not just the ones you want to keep on your profile. Swipe right into the camera to take a photo or video. Create anything you want, from product sneak-peeks to your worst selfies. Unlike your timeline posts, these photos and videos disappear from your feed after 24 hours, so there’s less pressure to maintain your aesthetic, allowing you to have a little fun with your content!
- Introduce Key New Employees. Whenever you hire a key new employee, take a photo of him or her and post it to Instagram. Doing so helps your followers to build personal relationships with your team, while also filling your feed with content that isn’t directly self-promotional.
- Use Relevant Hashtags. Hashtags are incredibly important on Instagram. It’s a good idea to regularly search around for similar content to see which hashtags are likely to lead to the most awareness and engagement. We recommend posting 10-20 good quality hashtags in the first comment on your post – this seems to generate the best results for content.
- Host Competitions. One of the best ways to quickly build followers is through competitions. Check out Instagram’s blog for some examples of successful competitions and for tips on the best ways to run these competitions on Instagram.
Tailored specifically to your businesses needs and goals, our team are experts in social media strategy, content creation and audience engagement, and would be more than happy to discuss managing and building your Instagram profile on your behalf.
Need help creating beautiful imagery for your social media channels? Eye-catching images are key to engagement and success on Instagram, but do you have time to source and create beautiful images on a regular basis? Our creative team can take care of this for you!
Our Instagram Management Packages start from $599 + GST per month.
Contact us for more information – [email protected]
Want to get a feel for our style? Follow us on Instagram @melbournesocialco